07 August 2005

Taste of Nature's Emerald...

This morning I had one of the most satisfying drinks I have had this past week..Lime..
The quench for thirst left me quite dehydrated..Reaching for the fridge..To my dismay..There was not a bottle of cold water left..My agony grew..Looking around..I saw four pieces of lime on the top of the fridge.
I sliced and diced two of those green orbicular objects.Squeezed the juice out of them..At one moment I thought I was squeezing the life supply of some living being(scary thought..lolz)
After that I added some sugar and mixed it up..grabbed a few ice cubes because it wasn't cold enough and gulped it down..
What I got was one High kick..Lime was quite raw..Woohoo..the whole day looked like a possible timebomb..I was going to explode!The taste as always tingling and made me so refreshed.Somehow I got a few words from my mum..Oops..looks like the lime was placed there to be used for today's lunch..
Still Lime is good for your health..though it really acidic and gives a nasty bitter aftermath taste if taken in a concentrated amount like the way I took it today.
Well to end..Here is a recipe for chicken lovers added with a dash of Lime

*~Chicken with Fresh Lime~*
Thanks to Southern American Chef Diana Rattray(Mississippi)

INGREDIENTS:

* 3 lbs. of chickens (breasts, legs, thighs, or combination)
* 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons olive oil

PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss together. Refrigerate and let marinate 2 hours. Toss a few times while marinating.Bon appetite!

9 comments:

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Interesting visual and nice recipe.

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog.

Have a great day.

Victoria said...

hey thanks for the comments! :)

the many Bs said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment you left regarding my dog, Baxter. You have an interesting site here. The recipe sounds good, too bad I'm a vegetarian, so I'll never know for sure! :-)

Anonymous said...

there's nothing like a glass of lime after a hot day in the sun..

Anonymous said...

You definitely have a way with words.

juz_A_ga| said...

thanks for dropping by my blog! sorry it took me sooo long.

anyway, i love that corner of your blog where u actually have a game that can be played on the blog!

Jay said...

Just lime - there' s something appealing about that I suppose.

Dina R. D'Alessandro said...

I'm supposed to cook it, too, right? (Tee hee.)

Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. I just bookmarked yours. Very cool site!

PBS said...

Yum, I love lime! I put it on shrimp.