20 June 2005

Politics & Children...


People I have a Question...
Does this child know what she is fighting for or what she is doing?

I have to make it clear though that protests here in the world are almost always political in nature... its almost always a stab at the current administration... they use issues, be it about a war in a foreign land, price increase, wage hike...and most of the time... these protest rallies get disperesed... rather violently at times...

Kids have no place in rallies of this nature... they have no business marching with militants knowing that anytime rubber bullets or tear gas would rain down on them... they are victims of the world's bloody politics..
Stop children doing this...For their Future is Bright unlike so many..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know? I think you both have points, but since the war and other issues affect them (kids) they should have something to say.

Modigliani said...

Hmmm... I think the kids probably have some ideas about what's going on; but kids look to their parents like they are gods. Whatever mom or dad or family says is TRUTH; and never to be questioned!

I think I'm with Lynze83 on this one. Teach the kids to be angry or to fight, and you are only growing the next generation of soldiers.

It sounds really simple minded, but why can't we teach our kids to be peaceful and to love? I know that sounds really naive. Especially coming from me, a person living in a very safe and bland place where I don't have to worry about a bomb in my neighborhood. But peace has got to start somewhere. If each of us did our part, it could create some amazing changes.

Bibilui said...

as for me .. i think the kids exactly know what happen .. they see .. they heard .. they even tasted the hardship .. they are just following what an adults do .. but can a war come to an end? No, i assume .. human are just too greedy for anything ..

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

I wrote last year on 9-11 and the way that children are being indoctrinated to hate ...its sick. I say get the geo-politics ut of the nursery and let the kids be kids. One photo I got was of an 18 month old with a bomb belt on... does that stink or what?
http://mywideblueseas-luxaeterna.blogspot.com day 2